The Pimlico Toy Library (PTL) is a registered Charity founded in 1983 by Westminster Adult Education who supported parents who wanted a place for their children to play in a safe, stimulated child-friendly atmosphere. Guidance from The National Association of Toy and Leisure Libraries has served us well.
Trustees govern the Charity and the Coordinator and Toy Librarian, who joined as Volunteers in the 1980s, and were recruited as staff members in the 1990s.
The need for play provision is as strong now as then. Thousands of children have taken part in activities and we often see third generation children at play sessions.
PTL funding comes from trusts, corporations, private individuals, government, member fees and donations.
You can find details of our policies for the protection of visitors and staff on our Policies page.
Feedback from our events
35th Celebration February 18th 2020 – What does PTL mean to you?
- “Everything!!! My eldest daughter Aliyah(11)grew up with PTL and learnt so many amazing things, I have no words that can describe just how special PTL is to us, just incredible. I feel Aliyah really developed so well because of PTL and of course our very special Sheila and Maggie, they are not just play workers, but also very dear friends”
- “PTL means a lot to me and is special to my children, they love to come here. PTL help us a lot. I am really appreciative of the management of PTL. They organise trips which are really enjoyable for my whole family. The 35th Party was Fabulous, the organisation and everything, my children learnt a lot and we are so happy”
- 18/2/2015: Pizza making at the Toy Library. 90 per cent of respondents really enjoyed making pizzas, 10% enjoyed it. Almost everyone who gave feedback said that they and their children “had learnt new ways of healthy cooking and eating from the pizza making cooking session.” Full report.
- 16/2/2015: Half term visit to the Saatchi Gallery. All adults thought ” the visit to the Saatchi Gallery was worthwhile for them and their children” and almost three-quarters said “their children had learnt something new at the Saatchi Gallery.” Full report.
- 24/01/2015: A trip to the pantomime – Dick Whittington: 95% of respondents enjoyed or really enjoyed the pantomime, performed by staff from Price Waterhouse Coopers. Full report.